Pages

Labels

Thursday, January 21, 2016

K5P on QRP

I managed a QSO with K5P yesterday on 20m CW with 5 watts out for my 180th country on QRP. I don't know why, but I am always amazed by this, especially when breaking a pile-up. I have a decent antenna, a log periodic up 50 feet, but so do most of the QRO guys. Always fun. I suppose that's what's interesting about ham radio, it's never the same two days in a row.

I will be looking to work VP8STI on QRP. I need some band slots on QRO, but still need them in my QRP log for the first time.The pile-ups will need to die down a little before I jump in.





I like this logo, nothing against the SSB guys, but it only has a morse key on it:-)

1 comment:

  1. Nice Mike, I picked them up after work today, they did not have the wall of callers like a few days ago which gave me a chance. I too am amazed when I can snag a DX station on 5 watts. It is a lot of fun. 72, Frank K0JQZ

    ReplyDelete